Shockwave (Acoustic wave therapy)
for Cellulite and Body Reshaping
What causes cellulite?
The causes of cellulite are not well understood, but there are several theories that have been put forth as explanations. Among these are:
- Hormonal factors – hormones likely play an important role in cellulite development. Many believe estrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are part of the cellulite production process.
- Genetics – certain genes are required for cellulite development. Genes may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just underneath the skin, and circulatory insufficiency.
- Diet – people who eat too much fat, carbohydrates, or salt and too little fiber are likely to have greater amounts of cellulite.
- Lifestyle factors – cellulite may be more prevalent in smokers, those who do not exercise, and those who sit or stand in one position for long periods of time.
- Clothing – underwear with tight elastic across the buttocks (limiting blood flow) may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
Other factors that influence how much cellulite you have and how visible it is include:
Cellulite is often classified using three grades:
- Grade 1 cellulite sees no clinical symptoms, but a microscopic examination of cells from the area detects underlying anatomical changes.
- Grade 2 cellulite requires the skin to show pallor (pastiness), be lower temperature, and have decreased elasticity, in addition to anatomical changes noted by microscopic examinations.
- Grade 3 cellulite has visible roughness of the skin (like an orange peel) along with all grade 2 signs.
How Shockwave (Acoustic wave therapy) works…
The mechanical action of Acoustic wave therapy:
Disrupts the connective tissue to firm and smooth the skin. Causes neovascularization, improving circulatory exchanges (the root cause of the problem).
Initiates an inflammatory process in the skin, leading to thicker, more elastic skin through collagen production.
The elasticity of the connective tissue is restored and the skin is smoother.
The skin is thicker and more elastic with noticeable improvement to the skin’s texture.
- Anti-cellulite therapy (stage I – III)
- Muscle and connective tissue tightening
- Elimination of lymphatic congestion
- Circumference reduction/»slimming«
Shochwave (Acoustic wave therapy) treatment areas
- Upper arms
- Gluteal region